Please join me in welcoming Michelle Spaulding, aka the Crafty Diva for a second edition of this popular workshop to guide you through crafting an art journal made from potholders.
Your handmade journal could be used as a gratitude, prayer, affirmation or storytelling journal and you can embellish it as much or as little as you like. The goal is to tap into your own creative juices to create this fun inspiring book to document your personal journey over the next year. You can also make these journals to give as gifts.
The workshop will take place via Zoom on Saturday, February 3, 2024, 10-12pm (PT) /1-3 pm (ET)
There will be three steps to creating this journal:
1. Weaving two 10 inch potholders (woven ahead of the workshop).
2. Sewing the journal together to form a booklet.
3. Embellishing the blank pages.
- 2 x 10inch woven large potholders
- 10 x 8x14inch legal size paper or mixed media paper cut down to size
- 1x tapestry needle with large eye
- 1x skein embroidery floss in any color
- Markers, paint, stamps, photos, magazine cut outs
- Any fiber embellishments (ribbons, beans, buttons, etc)
Cost per attendee: $50Michelle Spaulding is a local fiber/textile artist, teacher, author and creativity coach. Her intent is to inspire you to create through color, texture, and art materials using easy techniques in a group setting. She crafts for comfort and joy. Creating fiber art and sharing with others has helped her heal through her own health challenges. Her passion is inspiring others to tap into their own innate creative processes. Her teaching style is ‘Freestyle and Fun’. This workshop will be about creativity, community, comfort and joy through this whimsical process and we do hope you can join us.
The class will be held online via Zoom. Details of how to access the workshop will be sent closer to the date. A recording of the class will also be provided after the event by email, for all paying attendees.